Wednesday, June 19, 2013

BLOG INTRODUCTION

' Birds means freedom and joy'


In my childhood my parents used to show me HOUSE CROW and HOUSE SPARROW, soon they introduced me to MYNA, PARAKEET & EGRETS and then everything changed. Every new bird in my life made me more curious about birds and their life cycle. At my 10th birthday I got my first bird book and  soon pair of binoculars.In my school days I wasn't aware about science of bird watching, identification methods or any techniques but I used to like watching birds through binoculars and with little efforts I started identifying them with my small bird book or field guide. 

I used to amaze how these creature have so beautiful body shapes, colour and calls? Slowly I started observing their food habits and Nests and my curiosity goes on toss every time. I was My first birdwatching trip was at Dandeli Wildlife Sanctuary -Karnataka(India) where I introduced whole new world of birds. Sunbirds, Minivets, woodpeckers, Eagles and many more birds literally made me crazy about birds and that was a moment where birds started becoming my passion. Soon I met my  Mentor or Guide Dr. Pramod Bansode and my journey of birdwatching begun. From last  12 years I am watching these beautiful creatures and till now I am as crazy as 12 years before.

In this blog I am going to share my field experience and bird identification tips with you all. Hope you will like it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment